Brenda Tello Horton was organizing and planning a fundraising event for a Northern California children’s non-profit. The event had a lot of moving parts and logistics to coordinate in the planning process with her team. Using a set of disjointed tools she grew frustrated with the set of tools available. Like the origins of ideas for a lot of startups, she thought that there had to be a better way. So she and her technical cofounder created Proplanr, an integrated planning and collaboration task management system for teams. In this interview I chatted with Brenda about the origins of the idea, the progress of development from idea to open beta, and challenges and wins along the way.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- Gender Equity — Leveling the Playing Field October 16, 2017
- 2017/18 Big Bang! Business Competition Launches October 24 October 12, 2017
- Gender-Bias in the Technology Workplace — A Women in Tech Panel Discussion October 12, 2017
- How to Grow A Startup – The Foolproof Formula for Finding Product-Market Fit October 6, 2017
- 10X Sacramento: Building Innovative Companies through Founder Academy October 5, 2017