Brenda Tello Horton was organizing and planning a fundraising event for a Northern California children’s non-profit. The event had a lot of moving parts and logistics to coordinate in the planning process with her team. Using a set of disjointed tools she grew frustrated with the set of tools available. Like the origins of ideas for a lot of startups, she thought that there had to be a better way. So she and her technical cofounder created Proplanr, an integrated planning and collaboration task management system for teams. In this interview I chatted with Brenda about the origins of the idea, the progress of development from idea to open beta, and challenges and wins along the way.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- Do Good–Build an Urban Garden! And other Happenings in Sacramento’s Startup Community August 21, 2017
- StartupSac Takes On United Way’s Day of Caring August 20, 2017
- Sacramento Startup Profile: Cinde Dolphin, Founder of KILI Medical Drain Carrier August 18, 2017
- 500 Startups Batch 21 Demo Day August 17, 2017
- Impact VC Makes 3rd Investment in Pondera Solutions August 17, 2017