Brenda Tello Horton was organizing and planning a fundraising event for a Northern California children’s non-profit. The event had a lot of moving parts and logistics to coordinate in the planning process with her team. Using a set of disjointed tools she grew frustrated with the set of tools available. Like the origins of ideas for a lot of startups, she thought that there had to be a better way. So she and her technical cofounder created Proplanr, an integrated planning and collaboration task management system for teams. In this interview I chatted with Brenda about the origins of the idea, the progress of development from idea to open beta, and challenges and wins along the way.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- How to Raise $1,000,000 with Equity Crowdfunding Explained by Manny Fernandez June 23, 2017
- CleanStart’s Leveraging Crowdfunding to Fuel Your Tech Startup Part 1: Gary Simon Intro June 22, 2017
- An Interview with the Organizers of the Sacramento Innovation Awards June 22, 2017
- From Global to Local, AngelHack Heads Back to Sac! June 20, 2017
- Applications Open for City Grant Program: $500K for Creative Economy Pilot Project June 19, 2017