50% or more of the tech work force in Silicon Valley and Northern California is comprised of Asians. Yet this prominence doesn’t carry over into management and executive levels. One of the reasons for this is that APIs (Asian and Pacific Islanders) lack vital established networks due to only 2% of APIs being in executive positions. apiNXT is a nonprofit organization cofounded by Henry Chang and Charlotte Danielsson who are dedicated to breaking down the bamboo ceiling. I met with Henry and Charlotte to learn more about their organization, how they are working in Sacramento to get more APIs involved in entrepreneurship, and their upcoming tech summit, apiNXT Accelerate Tech Summit Sacramento 2017.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- How to Raise $1,000,000 with Equity Crowdfunding Explained by Manny Fernandez June 23, 2017
- CleanStart’s Leveraging Crowdfunding to Fuel Your Tech Startup Part 1: Gary Simon Intro June 22, 2017
- An Interview with the Organizers of the Sacramento Innovation Awards June 22, 2017
- From Global to Local, AngelHack Heads Back to Sac! June 20, 2017
- Applications Open for City Grant Program: $500K for Creative Economy Pilot Project June 19, 2017