50% or more of the tech work force in Silicon Valley and Northern California is comprised of Asians. Yet this prominence doesn’t carry over into management and executive levels. One of the reasons for this is that APIs (Asian and Pacific Islanders) lack vital established networks due to only 2% of APIs being in executive positions. apiNXT is a nonprofit organization cofounded by Henry Chang and Charlotte Danielsson who are dedicated to breaking down the bamboo ceiling. I met with Henry and Charlotte to learn more about their organization, how they are working in Sacramento to get more APIs involved in entrepreneurship, and their upcoming tech summit, apiNXT Accelerate Tech Summit Sacramento 2017.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- Do Good–Build an Urban Garden! And other Happenings in Sacramento’s Startup Community August 21, 2017
- StartupSac Takes On United Way’s Day of Caring August 20, 2017
- Sacramento Startup Profile: Cinde Dolphin, Founder of KILI Medical Drain Carrier August 18, 2017
- 500 Startups Batch 21 Demo Day August 17, 2017
- Impact VC Makes 3rd Investment in Pondera Solutions August 17, 2017