50% or more of the tech work force in Silicon Valley and Northern California is comprised of Asians. Yet this prominence doesn’t carry over into management and executive levels. One of the reasons for this is that APIs (Asian and Pacific Islanders) lack vital established networks due to only 2% of APIs being in executive positions. apiNXT is a nonprofit organization cofounded by Henry Chang and Charlotte Danielsson who are dedicated to breaking down the bamboo ceiling. I met with Henry and Charlotte to learn more about their organization, how they are working in Sacramento to get more APIs involved in entrepreneurship, and their upcoming tech summit, apiNXT Accelerate Tech Summit Sacramento 2017.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- Gender Equity — Leveling the Playing Field October 16, 2017
- 2017/18 Big Bang! Business Competition Launches October 24 October 12, 2017
- Gender-Bias in the Technology Workplace — A Women in Tech Panel Discussion October 12, 2017
- How to Grow A Startup – The Foolproof Formula for Finding Product-Market Fit October 6, 2017
- 10X Sacramento: Building Innovative Companies through Founder Academy October 5, 2017