50% or more of the tech work force in Silicon Valley and Northern California is comprised of Asians. Yet this prominence doesn’t carry over into management and executive levels. One of the reasons for this is that APIs (Asian and Pacific Islanders) lack vital established networks due to only 2% of APIs being in executive positions. apiNXT is a nonprofit organization cofounded by Henry Chang and Charlotte Danielsson who are dedicated to breaking down the bamboo ceiling. I met with Henry and Charlotte to learn more about their organization, how they are working in Sacramento to get more APIs involved in entrepreneurship, and their upcoming tech summit, apiNXT Accelerate Tech Summit Sacramento 2017.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- StartupSac Welcomes our Newest Sponsor, Carson & Kyung December 14, 2017
- New Coworking Space to Offer Unique Resources for Many Aiming to Start Business Functions December 12, 2017
- The Second Greater Sacramento Annual Dinner December 11, 2017
- It’s About to get Ugly and other Sacramento Startup Happenings December 11, 2017
- Thank you Greater Sacramento Economic Council! December 8, 2017