On Thursday, November 16th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm, Aging2.0 Sacramento chapter is hosting a panel discussion on telehealth and telemedicine that will be held at Summerset Senior Living at 2341 Vehicle Drive on Rancho Cordova.
Aging2.0 is an organization that spans the globe with about 60 chapters and a growing community of more than 15,000 people in more than 20 countries. It has recently announced its eight “Grand Challenges”, a new global initiative to drive collaboration around the biggest challenges and opportunities in aging. They are: engagement and purpose, financial wellness, mobility and movement, daily living and lifestyle, caregiving, care coordination, brain health and end of life. This event would fall under the “care coordination” as families and providers look to new tools and care models to support care transitions, clinical collaboration, medication management, population health management and remote care delivery.
To meet the rising demand of medical care, the world of healthcare delivery is rapidly evolving. While telemedicine refers to access clinical services remotely, telehealth includes that and more. According to Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), telehealth is defined as “The use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support long-distance clinical health care, patient and professional health-related education, public health and health administration.”
This telehealth event aims to:
- Provide the community with information on current developments with telehealth and telemedicine and how it will benefit them and for all, especially as we age,
- Paint what the landscape looks like for this industry and what policies are in place to promote and potentially hinder progress,
- Highlight opportunities to entrepreneurs and potential innovators where there are gaps that could complement and support telehealth,
- Offer an opportunity for people to network and potentially create partnerships that can further the progress of telehealth education, business and innovation.
Facilitator and guest speakers include:
- Facilitator: Mr. Keisuke Nakagawa, Founder & CEO, Whitekoat and Founder, Health 2.0 Sacramento,
- Mr. Binda Mangat, President & CEO, Quorum Technologies,
- Mr. Roger Santos, Founder & Principal Consultant, Next Generation Telemedicine Communication Consulting,
- Dr. Javeed Siddiqui, Co-Founder & Chief Medical Officer, TeleMed2U and
- Dr. Wesley Valdes, Healthcare & Telehealth Innovator.
Free entry and refreshments with reservations: https://www.aging2.com/events/details/aging-20-sacramento-presents-telehealth-landscape-opportunities#/. On the day of the event, there will be a $10 fee.
Sponsors include Summerset Senior Living and Genesis Rehabilitation Services.
Aging2.0 is headquartered in San Francisco and the Sacramento chapter is led by Aging2.0 Ambassador, Keri Vogtmann.