Mike Hart is the President and CEO of Sierra Energy, a waste gasification and renewable energy company, as well as the CEO of the Sierra Railroad Company. He’s also playing a key part in a new heavy incubator/accelerator space in Davis called Area 52. In this podcast I chatted with Mike over the phone about Area 52, Sierra Energy, the Sacramento region as a green and clean tech hub, as well as UC Davis’s Big Bang! program. Click on the link below to download or listen to the podcast.
Topics Covered in this podcast
- What Area 52 is and an update on where things are at with it.
- Taking applications of interest for Area 52.
- Mike’s vision for the kind of companies and technology that Area 52 will incubate.
- The latest on Sierra Energy and how the implementation and licensing of that is going.
- Mike’s take on profit being a motivator for change vs government regulation.
- The Sacramento region as the green tech hub of the nation.
- Mike’s thoughts on The City of Sacramento’s recently announced plans to be a player in developing autonomous vehicle policy and becoming a test city for autonomous vehicles.
- How the startup and innovation community as a whole in the region can get better connected with UC Davis’s innovation programs as well as those at Sac State.
- What’s next from Mike Hart and Sierra Energy.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Davis Big Bang! Competition
The Big Bang! Business Competition provides a forum for UC Davis and the broader community to collaborate, develop and test business visions and plans. The Big Bang! offers mentorship, team building, education, financing and networking for aspiring entrepreneurs. This year, the competition is open to the general public. Apply by Jan 23.
Learn more about Sierra Energy’s FastOx Waste Gasifier in the video below