Le Thuy Vuong is the founder and CEO of The Redmelon Company, formerly known as Fishrock Laboratories. As part of her PhD thesis she discovered that a fruit indigenous to her native country of Vietnam has the potential to help tackle Vitamin A deficiency in developing countries. In this episode, I sat down with Le to learn about her work on her thesis and research in Vietnam to discover the unique aspects of this fruit and how she developed a method to extract the oil from the fruit so that it can be more easily used year-round. Also hear how Sacramento startup accelerator FourthWave is helping her craft her business model and value proposition.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- Applications Now Open for Next Startup Hustle Bootcamp January 18, 2018
- Aggie Innovation and Start-Up Symposium: Entrepreneurship Impacting People, Products, and Planet January 17, 2018
- Transfer and Assignment of Intellectual Property for Startups January 17, 2018
- Key Elements Sacramento’s Startup Ecosystem Needs to Thrive January 16, 2018
- Ready to Launch? What’s Happening This Week in Sacramento’s Startup Community January 15, 2018