Kim Box, President and CEO at Gatekeeper Innovation, worked at HP for 29 years, leading a billion dollar organization as an executive of IT services. Eight years ago she decided to take a change in direction and doing something more purposeful that made an impact in the world. She wrote a book on diversity an leadership, started a non-profit focused on preventing teenage alcohol and drug addiction. A little over a year ago she was introduced to the founders of Gatekeeper Innovations, an organization with a mission that aligned perfectly with her goals, passion, and skill set. Gatekeeper, also known as SaferLock, is all about keeping medications safe. They’ve invented a patented locking cap that fits on to prescription bottles to keep medications safe. I met with Kim at her office to learn more about this local Sacramento startup that’s helping to address a national crisis by limiting access to prescription painkillers.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- Applications Now Open for Next Startup Hustle Bootcamp January 18, 2018
- Aggie Innovation and Start-Up Symposium: Entrepreneurship Impacting People, Products, and Planet January 17, 2018
- Transfer and Assignment of Intellectual Property for Startups January 17, 2018
- Key Elements Sacramento’s Startup Ecosystem Needs to Thrive January 16, 2018
- Ready to Launch? What’s Happening This Week in Sacramento’s Startup Community January 15, 2018