Inspired by Victor Patton’s recent article in the Sacramento Business Journal on diversity, I had the idea to organize a roundtable discussion on diversity for the StartupSac podcast. The main purpose in my mind was to get a group of Black entrepreneurs together in the studio to discuss the issue of diversity from their perspective and get a dialogue going in our community to address the issues, gain insight, and explore ideas about how we can become a more inclusive community.
In this episode entrepreneurs and innovators from Sacramento’s Black community discuss diversity in our tech and startup community. Guests include:
- Nicholas Haystings, founder of Square Root Academy
- Mariah Lichtenstern, founder, Cineshares, DivereCity Ventures, Founder Institute Sacramento
- Donte Morris, Dominic Morris, co-founders of Hoop Maps
- Victor Patton, Sacramento Business Journal
- Michael Purnell, founder of Sievent
- Veronica Smith, City of Sacramento economic development and Sacramento Employment and Economic Development (SEED) Corporation