Attention Sacramento-area startups! For the third year in a row, the Sacramento Kings are organizing their Kings Capitalize pitch competition. Startups located within 75 miles of Sacramento can apply to pitch with the opportunity to win $10,000. But, you better hurry. The Kings have upped the tempo of the game this year with a deadline of February 19 at 11:59 PM.
Capitalize will provide local innovators not only with $10K in cash but with the opportunity to showcase their product or service on the big stage and to pitch to local angel investors.
What you need to know
- Application Deadline: February 19
- Apply here!
- February 21 – Top “Sweet 16” startup semi-finalists announced
- February 23 – Capitalize workshop
- February 28 – Pitch coaching sessions
- March 2 – Capitalize Pitch Day at Golden 1 Center
- March 22 – Winner announced at Tech Night game
Want to get a taste of past Kings Capitalize events and the competitive field involved in the contest? Check out our coverage of the Kings Capitalize 2017 semifinals. Last year’s winner was Trifecta Systems.
Trifecta, Inc. is the nation’s largest “all-organic” meal delivery service cofounded by the brother/sister team of Greg Connolly and Elizabeth Connolly. Check out my interview with Greg and Elizabeth.