We had a good turnout at last week’s StartupSac Happy Hour with 30+ people turning out to network, pizza provided by Chompff Consulting, and to hear Rhombus Systems cofounder Brandon Salzberg field questions about entrepreneurship.
Here’s a sampling of some of the questions that Brandon addressed:
- What was the impact that Greater Sacramento Economic Council had in bringing his startup to Sacramento?
- Now that you’re on your third startup, what do you wish you had known then that you do now?
- How have you gone about finding investors for your company?
- Concerning the sales cycle in the early stage, what did it take to land that first customer and what are the lessons-learned from that?
- Did you quantify the pain points for the customer to help you reach your pricing strategy?
- With so much competition, how do you message and set yourself apart from the competition?
- When you hit a wall as a company how do you move along?
Some of the takeaways:
When you are first getting started, find one customer who has the problem you’re trying to solve and work on eliminating their pain. ~ Brandon
As engineers, we tend to think about building the product. We’ve learned to focus on getting to revenue as quickly as possible. ~ Brandon
We’ve learned that revenue solves all problems. We focus less on getting investment capital and more on making our company investable. ~ Brandon
Check out photos from the event below.