The Aggie Innovation and Start-Up Symposium: Entrepreneurship Impacting People, Products, and Planet will take place on February 8, 2018, at the UC Davis Conference Center. This Symposium is a no-cost, daylong event designed to provide information and assistance to students who wish to embrace an entrepreneurial mindset. Participants will have the opportunity to connect with access resources, mentors, business fundamentals and community stakeholders.
The Symposium is open to the community, with a focus on the undergraduate population, particularly women and people of color.
This event will culminate with a Campus and Community Resource Reception taking place from 4:45-6:00pm. The purpose of the Campus and Community Resource Reception is to provide participants with access to information, resources, and networking opportunities related to Innovation and Entrepreneurism that are available at UC Davis and throughout the region. SEED Central members will join us for the reception as well.
Refreshments will be available at registration and during the reception. Lunch is provided.
DATE AND TIME: Thu, February 8, 2018, 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM PST
LOCATION: UC Davis Conference Center, 550 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA 95616
The event flyer and registration link can be found here.
- 8:15am – Registration/Check-in Begins – Refreshments Provided
- 9:00am-9:55am – Keynote: Understanding the Start-Up Ecosystem
- 10:00am-11:50am – Supporting Student Innovators Beyond the Classroom
- 12:00pm – 1:20pm – Creating a New Normal: Increasing Diversity in the Start-Up Community – Lunch Provided
- 1:20pm – 1:45pm – Chancellor’s Remarks
- 1:55pm – 2:35pm – Entrepreneurism in a Corporate Environment
- You Can Do It All: Balancing Student and Start-Up Life
- Without Failure, There is No Success
- 3:30pm-4:45pm – From Friends, Fools, and Families to Venture Capital and Everything in Between
- 4:45pm-6:00pm – Campus and Community Resource Reception – Refreshments Provided