The Sacramento Kings are launching their 2nd annual Capitalize event! This year’s Capitalize, powered by Moneta Ventures, will again seek to find & feature four of the region’s most promising startups.
Startups within 75 miles of Sacramento can submit applications through February, 17, 2017 at 12:00pm. Sixteen companies will be selected to compete at the semifinals on March 2 at Golden 1 Center. A panel of successful entrepreneurs, executives, and investors will judge each round and select four companies to move on to the Capitalize Finals. The winning company will receive a $10,000 prize and an opportunity to pitch to leading angel investors, as well as have lunch with a Kings owner.
- This year first round judges from the Kings & Moneta will be selecting 16 companies from the pool of online applicants to compete in the Capitalize Pitch Day on March 2nd at the Golden 1 Arena.
- NEW this year: Semi-finalist companies should plan to attend pitch deck workshop on 2/22 at HackerLab and to schedule a session for intensive pitch coaching on 2/28 at I/O Labs.
- On March 2nd, a panel of 5 judges will score one round of 3-minute pitches and select 4 companies to advance to the Tech Night Game on March 22nd.
- Fan voting will open on March 15th and will play a role in helping Kings & Moneta to select the final winner — announced at the game.
- February 8th: Applications open at kings.com/capitalize
- February 17th: Applications close
- February 20th: 16 Semi-finalists are notified
- February 22nd (time TBA): Capitalize pitch workshop hosted at HackerLab (required for semi-finalists)
- February 28th from 10am – 3pm: Scheduled pitch coaching sessions at The Urban Hive
- March 15th: Fan voting opens
- March 22nd: Tech Night Game, Capitalize winner announced